The Mainland China has a close link with Hong Kong both in business and personal levels. In dealing with commercial or personal matters in the PRC, local organizations or governments in the PRC often require provision of attested documents.
The Firm's founding partner is a China-Appointed Attesting Officer being authorized by the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China to notarize documents for use in China. The Firm approaches attestation works with professionalism and is one of the very few legal firms in Hong Kong having a China-attestation department.
Appointed Attesting Officer According to the laws of the People’s Republic of China (the “PRC”), documents concerning affairs in Hong Kong to be used or admitted in evidence in a PRC court must be attested by an Attesting Officer appointed by the Ministry of Justice in the PRC. Our China attestion department has served many clients including reputable enterprises, listed companies, banks and individuals.
Categories of Attested Documents:
The following sets out the matters which require attestation :
I. Declaration :
• Marriage with a PRC national
• Confirmation of a marriage with a PRC national
• Application for reunion of relatives in PRC
• Adoption of children in PRC
• Application from PRC national to study overseas
II. Legal documents :
• Power of attorney executed by individual
• Power of attorney executed by company
• Deed of gift
• Other documents which require witnessing of signatures
III. Certification :
• Registration details of a limited company
• Registration details of an unlimited company
• Board resolution
• Certification of marriage
• Legal opinions